Have you been wasting half your carrot?! Learn more about how to make the most of your produce & get a recipe to help you make it happen! Plus, learn how to get more free food & a bonus use for carrot tops.
- 4 cups Carrot Greens, leafy parts
- 4 Garlic cloves, chopped
- Oil (for cooking)
- Red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Clean your greens, and separate the leaves from the stalks. (Stalks can be frozen and added to your next soup stock.)
- Heat your cooking oil of a choice in a pan.
- Add 4 chopped cloves of garlic.
- Once it becomes golden and smells fragrant, add a pinch of red chili flakes. Feel free to add more if you like the heat! Cook for about 30 seconds to infuse it with the oil.
- Add your carrot greens and stir until they are coated with the oil.
- Once they have cooked down, remove and serve as a delicious side dish!
Note: Let your creativity shine though, these carrot greens can just as easily be tossed into a stir fry or made into a pesto.