The ever versatile dandelion is still nourishing us into the Fall. If you watched our very first episode, you’ll know that the dandelion has an edible flower. I’m still collecting petals myself, but Fall is the time to dig a little deeper….
Watch or read on to learn several ways to drink this “weed”! ;)
Dandelion Root Chai
This chai is the perfect fall drink to warm you to the core, while you enjoy the charms of autumn.
- 1/4 cup of roasted dandelion roots
- 6-8 cups of water
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon (2 sticks)
- 1/2 tsp ginger (or some raw ginger slices)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom (4 pods)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and steep for 10 minutes. Then strain.
- Serve warm. If you find the flavour too strong just add more water.
- Add milk if desired.
- Enjoy :)
Dandelion Root Cocoa
- 2 cup milk
- 2 tsp dandelion root powder
- 2 tsp sugar
Combine in mug. Warm in the microwave & give it a stir. Quick & yummy!
Can’t be bothered to dig up those roots? Dandelions offer other tea options!
Dandelion Petal Tea
Put the petals from a few dandelion flowers into boiling water & steep for 5-10 minutes.
Dandelion Leaf Tea
Use the leaves at a ratio of around 1 tsp per cup & steep for 5 minutes.