This year we grew our first outdoor oyster mushrooms in straw beds, both pink and blue. And we have found that this recipe is our favourite way to eat oyster mushrooms whether grown in our backyard or purchased at the store so we thought we’d share with you!
It is simple but tasty and we often enjoy them as toppings on a rice bowl!
Easy Oyster Mushroom Recipe:
- Oyster mushrooms, chopped (~ 360 grams)
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Heat oil in pan, then add in garlic. Cook over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add chopped oyster mushrooms to pan. Stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with sugar & cook until the edges start to brown.
- Add salt & soy sauce. Mix thoroughly & cook until absorbed evenly.
- Serve & enjoy!
Note: The mushrooms make a great topping themselves, or can be garnished with garlic chives, sesame seeds and/or green onions. Recipe can be tweaked based on the size of your harvest!
We purchased the kits at Grow Mushrooms Canada if you'd like to give it a try yourself.