Mint is a fantastic herb whether you find it in the wild or grow it yourself. Since we have a lovely crop of it growing our our little garden nook, we thought we would show you one of our favourite ways to enjoy it.
Fun Fact: Mint aids digestion, so a cup of mint tea may help if you have an upset tummy.
1 cup fresh mint leaves,
3 cups water
1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar
lime or lemon juice
- Add mint leaves and water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Return to heat and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Use a hand blender (or cool and add to a standard blender). Strain out the mint bits if you prefer.
- Add lime or lemon juice, and pour into a freezer safe container.
- Stir after a few hours, and enjoy as a slushy mixture. Or as we often do, leave it in the freezer and simply chip out portions when you are inclined. Just make sure to use a very strong utensil to do so!
- Earn extra flair points by garnishing with a mint leaf!