Just want a quick bite? This omelette is easy, flavorful and adapted from a beautiful book called “The Boreal Herbal” one of the first foraging books I added to my library.
Boreal Herbal Book Link - https://amzn.to/3lfKEHj
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh dill (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup lambs quarter (Chenopodium album) leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 tsp oil
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper, dill & chopped garlic together. Add mushrooms if you want.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot, pour mixture into pan, and cover.
- Before it is fully cooked, add feta & lambs quarters on top.
- Cover & cook until finished.
- Fold omelette in half & serve.
- Garnish with your cutest goosefoot tracks if you like. ;)