Join us on a mouthwatering culinary adventure brought by the rain as we uncover the secrets of Shaggy Parasol mushrooms! In this video, we discover a whole new world right in our own backyard, and we’ll go over a few identifying features that set these delicious fungi apart from the rest.
Once we've gathered our bountiful harvest, it's time to head to the kitchen and get creative! Prepare to tantalize your taste buds as we whip up a delectable vegetarian stroganoff with these wild treasures. Watch as the rich flavors meld together to create a hearty and wholesome dish that will leave you craving more.
(The free backyard bounty out there is amazing, but please be sure to have proper identification and exercise appropriate caution.)
Shaggy Parasol Stroganoff
- ~1.5 lbs shaggy parasol mushrooms, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Fresh herbs - basil, wild bergamot, chopped
- ~1 lb noodles of choice
- 1/2 cup (or more) sour cream
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Chives or green onion (optional garnish)
- Melt a generous portion of butter or margarine in to large pan
- Add in chopped mushrooms, garlic and fresh herbs
- Cook over low heat for 15+ minutes (cook thoroughly)
- In the meantime, boil noodles in salted water until tender (or according to package instructions). Drain.
- Add sour cream, salt & pepper to the mushroom mixture and gently warm through.
- Serve over noodles, garnish if desired & enjoy!