Join us as we make a tasty recipe for a delightful summer salad featuring two star ingredients: strawberries and wild spinach, also known as lambs quarters. Discover how to create a refreshing and nutritious salad using wild spinach—a free and abundant ingredient found in nature's pantry.
It really is super delicious!
1 bunch of lamb's quarters (wild spinach)
2/3 cup strawberries (could use wild ones if you've got them!)
1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (or vegan feta)
Oil (for dressing)
For vinegar reduction:
1 cup red wine vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
1/4 cup honey (or sugar)
- Add vinegar and honey to a pot.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until liquid is reduced to half.
- Set aside to cool.
To make salad:
- Collect your Lamb's Quarters. Younger plants will be more tender. You can learn more (& see a 10ft example) about it in our previous video if you'd like.
- Wash, dry & roughly chop the lamb's quarters then add to your plate(s).
- Slice strawberries and arrange on plate(s).
- Just before serving, drizzle with oil and your vinegar reduction.
- Sprinkle with feta, and almonds (if using).