A delicious one sheet meal! Minimal dishes & it is very adaptable. Gather up your handy veggies & let’s get started. You can use wild foraged sage, garden sage, or store-bought sage for this recipe.
- Root vegetables - ex. potatoes, carrots, radishes, beets, washed and cut into wedges of similar size
- Non-root vegetables - ex. broccoli or cauliflower florets, green beans, peppers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped (wild or garden grown)
- Salt & pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 small protein pieces - chicken breasts, rabbit pieces (If you want us to experiment with fish or plant proteins in the future, let us know in the comments below!)
- Heat oven to 425° and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Toss root vegetables with oil, sage, and salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on sheet pan.
- Season your protein on all sides with salt and pepper, and place in center of pan.
- Roast 15 minutes.
- Flip root vegetables & protein. Add non-root veggies and garlic and stir together.
- Roast 15 to 20 minutes more, until protein is cooked through (checking with a thermometer is best if you have one), and veggies are soft.
- Let rest 5 minutes, serve & enjoy!
- If you give the recipe a try and post your delicious results, please tag it with #dwdOneSheet. We’d would love to see your creation!