When life gives you leftover apples, try making something new. In this case, Caramel Coffee Apple Jam (or Caramel Apple Coffee Jam?). If you're a fan of caramel, coffee and apples, then you'll love this recipe!
Watch to learn how we turned old apples into a delicious topping.
Caramel Coffee Apple Jam
- 5 cups diced apples
- 2 cups extra strong brewed coffee
- 1 pkg (4 Tbsp) pectin
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups brown sugar
- Bring apples and coffee to a boil in a large pot, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Process apples with a food mill to remove the peels. Return to heat.
(Save peels for a smoothie or cobbler!)
- Whisk in pectin and allspice. Over high heat bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Add brown sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return jam to a full rapid boil and boil hard for 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat and skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into a sterilized jar leaving a ¼ inch headspace.
- Refrigerate and enjoy, or if you wish to store it longer - process using a water bath.